Paternity matters often involve financial and parenting issues regarding the children of unmarried parents, including child support and the allocation of parental responsibilities and parenting time (formerly known as custody). In some cases, the parentage of a child may need to be determined prior to obtaining a child support award and allocating parental responsibilities and parenting time.

Jennifer L. Lavin, P.C. understands the importance of securing child support for unmarried parents and can help to obtain and modify child support awards and initiate enforcement proceedings if a parent has fallen behind on child support payments. Additionally, Jennifer L. Lavin, P.C. works to create parenting plans that maintain as much stability as possible for my clients’ children while maximizing my clients’ ability to cultivate close and loving relationships with their children. Please contact me at (312) 919-8857 to schedule a complimentary consultation to discuss how to meet your child support needs and the possible resolution of your parenting issues.